20 July 2013

Topshop Sunbeam Highlighter





This beautiful highlighter is another item I picked up in my little Topshop Makeup haul I mentioned in this post, and it has quite quickly become a essential in my make up routine. The Topshop Sunbeam Highlighter had been on my wishlist for almost a year along with Crescent Moon, but as I tend to usually buy champagne or oyster highlighter anyway and house many in my stash, I settled on Sunbeam for a change.

This ultra luxurious white gold highlighter looks very yellow and I did worry that it wouldn't quite look right on my fair skin, but as you can see from the swatch above it blends out to create a finely milled luminous flush to add life to lack-lustre skin or create the illusion of higher cheek bones. At the moment my skin is looking a little more sun-kissed, and Sunbeam seriously compliments tanned skin! To use, I apply foundation and power as usual then sweep across the top of my cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose with the Real Techniques Contour brush to add natural luminosity to the skin. Or for an evening look, I use the same shade on my brow bone and tear duct to open up my eyes and create the illusion of bigger, brighter eyes. 

I have been using this highlight most days for just over a month, and I have barely made a dent in it! So I'm pretty sure this will long me a very long time, which does make up for the £10 price tag which in my opinion is a little steep for a high street product.


Available online or instore at Topshop priced at £10


No comments:

Post a Comment