04 July 2013

Topshop Golden Aura Eye Palette








I've worked in the cosmetic industry in numerous different aspects for about 5 years or so, make up is my absolute passion - And yet, I'm still scared to wear eye-shadow. A sweep of champagne toned shimmer is just about where I draw my line, with a flick of liquid eye liner and 2 coats of mascara. Funnily enough, I'm actually a sucker for a shadow palette and I have quite the stash. None the less, in an attempt to broaden my shadow horizons, I picked up this pretty palette from the Oxford Street Topshop last month.

The handy sized palette cases four buttery and pigmented shadows, an applicator and a Get The Look step-by-step with tips and tricks for creating the perfect look. The shadows themselves are rich in pigment and are extremely bendable, which gives you a better opportunity to create different looks with just one palette. On the lid these neutral shadows have some seriously surprisingly longevity, and last for around 4-5 hours perfectly without primer and last near enough all day when teamed with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. 

The Topshop Aura Eye Palette is priced at only £12, which works out at only £3 per shadow! This palette is easily on par with MAC shadows and the whole palette is actually 50p less than a single MAC eye shadow. 
If I was to compare each colour to a MAC shade I would say (darkest shade first) Magnetic Fields, Twinks, Embark and Naked Lunch. 

Available online and instore at Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment